Photos of Belton's Past
Page 2 of 3
The old photos and images below are from Belton's Past
History and provided by Joe Coward of Belton Printing and former publisher of
The Belton News. We are grateful to Joe for making these photos available.
We hope that the community and visitors to this site will enjoy and
cherish these images from the past.
Additional information and corrections about some of
the photos listed has been made available by Belton historian Alison Ashley
Darby. Photos with changes have been designated with the words "Info
Update" & the date it was updated. Additional old photos have been
provided by Alison and will soon be published to this web site. For
details of how to purchase Alison's recently published book
America: Belton which includes hundreds of old photos and
information about Belton, click on the book's title.
Some of the photos are not dated. We will
continue to look for additional information about these photos and add new ones
Click on each picture for a larger
view. Next Page
Belton High School
The school building was completed and put in
operation on November 15, 1893.
This Photo was taken in 1900.
General View of Public Square
appears to have been taken from the present day location of Horton's
Pharmacy. The city well can be seen on the left side of the photo.
This photo provides a view of Geer Hotel and a Trolley Car on G. S. & A.
in Belton. The Trolley Car is traveling on South Main Street and is
seen adjacent to the present day location of Horton's Pharmacy. The
the only portion of the Geer Hotel that remains.
Old Cars Downtown
This is a photo of a number of old cars on the
square in Belton. The structure in the background is the city well.
The trees hide the downtown buildings behind them.
Old P&N Depot
(Info Update 7/7/04)
This is a photo of the Piedmont and Northern Depot which was located on
South Main Street in Belton. The building later became a freight
station when P&N built a new passenger station on O'Neal Street. The
freight station was razed in the 1980's, and the passenger station on O'Neal Street
was razed in the 1970's.
The photo shows the Southeast Corner View of the
Public Square in Belton.
This photo was taken in 1918.
Anyone wishing to provide additional
information or photos from the past should e-mail